Thursday 4 February 2010

A Winter Day

As I mentioned in one of my previous posts, on Saturday 30th of January I went out to shoot some photos of the lovely old wrecks of a house. Today I finally found the time to construct a more or less decent combination of them to publish here.

So, here's the outcome of my freezing little journey. (In order not to let my camera freeze I held it in my pocket with my bare hand in order to keep it warm... Can a digital camera freeze?! Can it? Oh well....)

Vähäjoki Valley.

On the way to the 'site'. Wading in 30 cm thick snow. <3

An ancient barn or something like that. Basically it stands in the middle of a field. Purpose - unknown.

This house is would be more or less decent and inhabitable if not the broken windows and cracked plaster.... and wrecked roof... well, maybe it's not that inhabitable.




First I thought of climbing in and getting some awesome shots with sunlight pouring in through broken windows and snow on the floor, but I had to give up on that idea, because the snow around the house was at least half a meter thick. I'm not kidding.

Another poor old house. There was a fire, I think. Long ago. But no one has bothered repairing it, and so it just stands there, windows broken, walls black with soot...







Photos: © Lina Sinenko 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment